Local Missions Partners
The Teen Challenge Portland Metro Men's Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit, faith-based program for men who are 18 years or older, whose lives are being destroyed by life-controlling problems such as drugs, alcohol, gang activity, destructive behavior or other negative life styles.
Teen Challenge is an international Christian program with over 50 years of history providing assistance, supporting, and challenging people to make the right choices by turning away from their destructive life styles.
The staff members and volunteers at Teen Challenge are here because they believe that the Lord has called them to this ministry to reach-out and help desperate people seek and find answers. If you want to change your lifestyle and are willing to be totally honest, open, and teachable, then Teen Challenge is the place for you. You and only you must choose to face reality and deal with your problems maturely with the help of God's love, forgiveness, and redemptive power.
Teen Challenge does not receive federal or state funding, but is locally supported and entirely dependent upon free will gifts, contributions, our work programs, fundraisers, and Teen Challenge Thrift Store sales.
We exist to develop and sustain relational environments that create movement within groups and individuals to demonstrate love and generosity lived out in the world. BridgeTown Inc creates relational environments that provide Relief, Mobilization and Transformation.
Core Values – [what we stand for] How do we conduct ourselves as we carry out our mission?
- Relational Approach: We believe the most influential, impactful and lasting way to love others is simply to live and experience life with the people around us. We move to be fully submerged and involved in the culture of the community we serve, while building raw and intentional relationships with the people we meet.
- People: We believe that all people should feel known, that they matter, and that they are loved. We seek to influence others to live from these truths and to do good works, so that together we may be an inspiration to our city, state, nation and world.
- Dialogue: Dialogue is the attitude in which we communicate with others. Our communication is a dynamic and open-minded dialogue. A dialogue that is honest, truthful and respectful; never degrading, judgmental or condemning.
- Generosity: We seek to live generously. To give of our time, treasure and talent in such a way that our service and action is a means through which Love is revealed.
- Adventure: We see life as an adventure, marked with creativity. We continue to seek new ideas and possibilities for ways to love people, to help them understand they are known, and that they matter.
- Learning: We desire to see people grow both personally and professionally. It is important to always challenge oneself, and not feel stuck where growth or learning do not exist. We believe that each person must challenge his or herself in order to unlock the potential that lies in each of us.
- Proactive: Because we value all people, we move to be intentional in our actions. By putting aside assumptions that “someone else will do it,” we understand we serve each other as we move towards the fulfillment of our mission.
We do this by: